New VSM Features: April-June 2020
As a native cloud service, we’re continuously updating VSM with new features and improvements. Here’s a quarterly summary of some of the recent great new additions to VSM: April to June 2020.
We continued our focus on customer journey, leveraging our ability to link disparate data together. We’re finding a huge global interest and uptake of the new functionality:
- We extended CMS Call History to show rich VQM configuration data.
- It is now possible to not only view voice quality configuration details for a call segment, but also the full diagnostic graphical presentation of the stream within that segment.
- The Voice Quality Dashlet has been updated to incorporate streams routed through Call Centers, summarizing voice quality by Agent, Skill, and VDN.
- Call Details Records (CDR) is now fully integrated with our VQM data, including stream path, graphics, and configuration details.
We refreshed VQM, providing new leading-edge visibility:
- We’ve provided even smarter AI troubleshooting diagnostics.
- There’s now gorgeous bi-directional stream details and path graphing at a single click – now you can see the experience of both parties on a call at the same time.
- When viewing stream details, it is now possible to toggle views to the related stream (in the other direction).
Protocol Validation is a great gem within VSM used for validating service protocols and raising an alarm if a failure is detected. For example, periodically checking that a website is up and running and raising an alarm if that website becomes unreachable, or a 4xx, 5xx error is detected. We’ve added support for additional protocols:
- Raw Socket
We improved existing reports and dashlets:
- Trunk group reports and License reports have been extended to also run against IP Office. Furthermore, a new report, Trunk Group Call has been created to report on call volumes for IP Office equipment.
- Improvements were made to the ACM Summary Dashlet for Duplication and ESS / LSP management data.
- There’s richer reporting of Call Rate on the ACM System Health Dashlet.
- We’ve provided better visibility of missing or incorrect .wav files in the Audio Groups configuration report.
- A new report has been added in Configuration Manager. The Redundant Audio Files report runs a reconciliation of configuration versus .wav files and identifies the files that can be removed from announcement resources. This report massively reduces the time taken to do this work manually.
- Agent and Agent/Station Data reports now cater for up to 64 skills.
- The Windows System Health Dashlet now shows SQL Performance Counters.
- There are enhancements for Customer Equipment and Station Data reports – it’s now easier to discern between different Configuration Items.
Other general areas of improvements are:
- Security – Customers now have the ability to enable, or disable a Business Partner’s Remote Access.
- Files and folders has undergone a major UI upgrade, making it easier to navigate and share content amongst Virsae, Business Partners, or customers.
- The SIP Trace page has several new enhancements to make troubleshooting SIP traces even easier.