Satisfaction Vs Productivity
When asked which approach is most important, research participants overwhelmingly selected improving customer satisfaction over agent productivity (85.3%) rather than improving agent productivity over customer satisfaction (14.7%), according to Metrigy’s Customer Experience MetriCast 2022 research study of 1,846 organizations globally.
Organizations measure ongoing success through customer ratings, as well as agent KPIs. It’s vital, however, to measure before-and-after success whenever companies deploy new applications, platforms, or services—or when they switch providers.
For example, Metrigy's research shows that successful companies saw an 18% improvement in revenue, a 10.7% reduction in operational costs, a 16.8% improvement in customer ratings, and a 17.6% boost in agent productivity with the addition of a contact center platform or when they changed to a different provider.
Delivering industry-leading customer experience is vital for any company in any industry.
Doing so requires;
- a savvy CX leader - That's You!
- solid operational process
- an innovative CX technology provider to deliver the necessary platforms, applications, services, and support.
Keep in mind that 75% of companies placed customer satisfaction as one of their top three business priorities, and successful companies are investing 92.2% more in CX technologies than non-successful companies.
To ensure success, CX leaders must follow these best practices:
- Increase investments and prioritize the customer experience. Technology levels the playing field.
- Invest in AI and analytics to ensure successful rollouts—and to learn from each project.
- Leverage reporting and measure success, whether it’s a new technology deployment, agent performance, or customer satisfaction.